Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline s5311uk
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

This desktop PC developed a symptom where it would not start - from case top power button - even though mains power was on.  This situation persisted for some time - sometimes up to half an hour (after switching on mains power), when, with no other changes, system would start normally (from the case top button) and operate with no problems thereafter.

As I have not seen exactly these symptoms expressed elsewhere I am posting my solution here.  Others on the net have suggested a hardware or PSU issue but the general consensus was that the PSU was on the way out.  I bit the bullet and purchased a replacement PSU which, now installed, appears to have resolved the issue.  System will start on the case top button seconds after mains power applied and has now done so several times since psu replacement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please click "Accept As Solution", because your problem has been solved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Please click "Accept As Solution", because your problem has been solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.