Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0380t CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

I have had an ongoing problem with my Omen 30L not waking from sleep. The problem seems to solve it's self every once in a while, and then is back for a while. It has been back for the past week or so. I tried several of the solutions on this forum, and the only work around, was putting the computer on my desk instead of the floor, so that I can reach the plug to unplug it and plug it back in.

Just seeing if there is a new better solution for 2024. I'd much rather not have to unplug it (or wait a really long time) for it to turn back on. This is the HP Omen PC 30L with Intel i9 10850k with RTX 3090. Though it seems this issue was happening on other 30L models as well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The main value in putting a PC to sleep is the rapid restart time.  But most modern PCs have SSDs instead of hard drives, so they only take a few seconds to start up.  If yours is like that, then save yourself the grief and go onto Control Panel and change the Power options to change what the Power Buttons do to Shut Down the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.