Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

mY SOUND UP AND DOWN AND MUTE ARE NOT WORKING ALSO NO ICONS ON BOTTOM OF SCREEN WHERE I CAN TYPE IN WNDOWS SEARCH BAR

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @chicks77,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a couple of issues with your HP laptop. Let's tackle them one by one.

Volume controls not working:

• First, try restarting your laptop. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve minor software glitches.
  • Check if your keyboard drivers are up to date. You can do this by going to Device Manager (you can search for it in the Windows search bar, which you've mentioned isn't visible, but you can access it by right-clicking on the Start button and selecting Device Manager). Look for your keyboard under the "Keyboards" section, right-click on it, and select "Update driver."
  • If updating the drivers doesn't work, try pressing the "Fn" key along with the corresponding volume control keys (usually F11 and F12). Sometimes, the function lock might be activated, causing the volume keys to not work as expected.
  • If the above steps don't work, there might be a hardware issue with your keyboard. 

Missing icons on the bottom of the screen:

• It sounds like your taskbar might be hidden or not working properly. Try pressing the "Windows" key on your keyboard to see if the Start menu pops up. If it does, it might just be a matter of the taskbar being hidden. Move your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen and see if the taskbar reappears.
  • If the taskbar doesn't reappear, try restarting your computer as this might resolve the issue.
  • If restarting doesn't work, you can try restarting the Windows Explorer process. You can do this by pressing "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to open Task Manager, finding "Windows Explorer" in the list of processes, right-clicking on it, and selecting "Restart."
  • If none of the above solutions work, there might be a more serious issue with your Windows installation. In this case, you may need to perform a system restore or reinstall Windows to fix the problem.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.