Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

hp desktop 6V9T7AV

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jimk2015,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

To connect your HP desktop to external speakers via AirPlay for streaming Apple Music, you'll need to follow a few steps.

• Check Compatibility: AirPlay is primarily designed for Apple devices. However, you can still use it with Windows PCs by installing third-party software like Shairport4w or TuneBlade.
  • Install AirPlay-Compatible Software: Download and install one of the AirPlay-compatible software on your HP desktop. Shairport4w is a popular choice for Windows users.
  • Configure the Software: Once installed, open the AirPlay software and configure it to detect your external speakers. This usually involves selecting your speakers from a list of available devices.
  • Connect to AirPlay: On your Apple Music app, look for the AirPlay icon (usually shaped like a triangle with concentric circles) and click on it. You should see your HP desktop listed as an available device. Select it to start streaming audio to your external speakers.
  • Play Apple Music: Start playing your favorite songs on Apple Music, and the audio should now be streamed to your external speakers through your HP desktop.

Remember that the performance and reliability of AirPlay on a non-Apple device like an HP desktop might not be as seamless as on Apple devices.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.