Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are currently running Skypeserver 2019, and will do so some time, but at one point we might have to transition to Teams. 

As far as I understood the VVX line was compatible with both Skype and Teams.

Is there any change talking about compatibillity?

Best Regards

Found this, but it's not updated.

[FAQ] What Phone Models support LYNC 2010, 2013, 2015, 2019... - HP Support Community - 8783824

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Joe_ASE ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

VVX Phones will be end of life at some point based on their current iteration aka a VVX 601 compared to a VVX 600.

A VVX phone is compatible (as outlined in the release notes per software) for usage with Skype for Business on Prem server. They are also compatible with the Microsoft SIP Gateway as listed >here<.

The VVX range is not compatible with native Teams aka the Android Teams app running on the phone.

Compatible CCX phones, running UC Software 7.2.x or older,  can run Skype for Business (always check the release notes!):

Phone Model

Generic

Microsoft

Teams

Zoom Phone

8x8 Work

Skype for

Business

CCX 400

Available

Available

Available

Not available

Available

CCX 500

Available

Available

Available

Not available

Available

CCX 600

Available

Available

Available

Available

Available

CCX 700

Available

Available1

Available

Available

Available

The above can also run native Microsoft Teams Android app.

Later UC or PVOS software are only supported with Microsoft Teams Android app.

If yous till have issues, and no other volunteer reply, I suggest you contact a dedicated Poly reseller in your region.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Joe_ASE ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

VVX Phones will be end of life at some point based on their current iteration aka a VVX 601 compared to a VVX 600.

A VVX phone is compatible (as outlined in the release notes per software) for usage with Skype for Business on Prem server. They are also compatible with the Microsoft SIP Gateway as listed >here<.

The VVX range is not compatible with native Teams aka the Android Teams app running on the phone.

Compatible CCX phones, running UC Software 7.2.x or older,  can run Skype for Business (always check the release notes!):

Phone Model

Generic

Microsoft

Teams

Zoom Phone

8x8 Work

Skype for

Business

CCX 400

Available

Available

Available

Not available

Available

CCX 500

Available

Available

Available

Not available

Available

CCX 600

Available

Available

Available

Available

Available

CCX 700

Available

Available1

Available

Available

Available

The above can also run native Microsoft Teams Android app.

Later UC or PVOS software are only supported with Microsoft Teams Android app.

If yous till have issues, and no other volunteer reply, I suggest you contact a dedicated Poly reseller in your region.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.