Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Wondering if anyone could advise on the below, please?

We use different polycoms models on a Broadsoft platform. Evrytime we set the ring volume to an specific value it will reset back to the default value (15) after a reboot. Is there a way we can maintain the volume on the polys?

Kind regards,
Liz

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @lizzie_cuba ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

A quick community search via our VoIP FAQ:

Jan 16, 2014 Question: How can set the Handset/Speaker/Headset volume to a persistent setting / remember the volume?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

This depends obviosely on the exact Poly phone model you are using as you have not provided this yet.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

We are testing with vvx411 and vxx150.

KInd regards,

Elizabeth 

HP Recommended

Hi,

We have gone through those settings but these are for voice volume. What we are looking for is the ringtone volume on the poly speaker.

If we set it to 6 for example, after the phone reboot it goes back to 15.

Is there a way to make this ring volume fix>?

feature.nonVolatileRingerVolume.enabled

So this line code but had not luck with it.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth

HP Recommended

Hello @lizzie_cuba 

again I can only refer to our FAQ:

May 10, 2017 Question: Can I set a minimum Ringer Volume on the phone?

Resolution:UC Software 5.5.0 added up.ringer.minimumVolume. This parameter defines how many volume steps are accessible below the maximum level.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.