Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T230

Attempted to boot up my DesignJet T230 today, and was met with a blue screen error with the code "B8000414." 

I searched for errors with this code, and couldn't find anything, unfortunately-- both here and just a general Google search. I tried all of the HP-recommended steps for similar error codes-- power cycling, changing the cable, changing the outlet (yes, plugged directly into wall), etc.-- but nothing helps. I can't get beyond the HP logo and then the blue screen with that error.

The printer is not networked; it's just a direct USB connection. (But no computer will even recognize the printer, as it's stuck on that screen.)  Nothing else has changed since the printer was last used.

I'd sincerely appreciate any ideas! Thank you!

B8000414.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is referred to as an Assert Error. Trouble shooting below

Repairatrooper_0-1713824905940.png

If that does not resolve, you need to confirm that all cabling for the main PCA is seated. Still not resolved then likely a hardware issue with the main PCA.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you, Repairtrooper!

I gave it a shot, and even after the full reset, I was met with the same error. Just to be silly, I also tried the partial and semi resets, and still the same. 

I'm not even sure how to access the PCA -- Is there a tutorial that shows a breakdown of how to do that?

Thank you again!

HP Recommended

Search online and you should find a copy of the service manual, several sites post them, most at no-charge.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.