Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Poly C565
Other

I paired the headset with a Panasonic KX-TG6686NL base station.

At the same time 3 Panasonic handsets are paired to the same base station. It is supposed to be able to have 6 devices paired.

When someone makes a call to the base station, there is no sound coming from the Poly headset.

When I try to "pick up" and press the (dis)connect button, nothing happens. I do hear a sound that confirms the button has been pressed. But most of the time, no connection is made.

Out of 10 tries, 1 time a connection was made. I have no clue why, because I don't seem to have done anything differently.

When trying again, it's not possible to get that connection.

When trying to "hang up" by pressing the (dis)connect button, I do hear the tone of a disconnected phone line. But at that moment the line is in fact still in use. The Panasonic handset's screen says "lijn bezet" which means something like "line occupied".

Only after putting the Poly Headset back in the charging cradle does the connection stop and immediately the text on the handset disappears.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem and what I can do about it?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @Jian-An, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Plantronics C565.
Please connect only Plantronics headsets to the base and check if the issue still persists.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Hello Mehana,

Thank you for your reply

I tried this, but unfortunately there is still a very inconsistent (dis)connection issue.

Basically "hanging up" never works. Only by putting the device back in the cradle.

"picking up" only works once in a dozen times or so. Most of the times the (dis)connect-button does not produce an effect.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information provided.
I request that you please reach out to Poly customer support at 800-985-9815 for further warranty and replacement-related queries.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.