Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
cs540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I moved a CS540 with lifter to a different phone and connected it. When I press the silver button on the headset, the earpiece sounds three rapid beeps and the lifter does not lift. Sometimes when I press the button it will beep like it's initiating the call, then the three rapid beeps, then it will only do the beeps until I put it back on the base. The white light on the base blinks when I do this.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello, @htech5, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Poly CS540.

Could you please let us know the make and model of the desk phone?
Also, please let us know if you can hear the dial tone when you receive a call or try calling.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Hello,

The phone is an ESI-30D.

No dial tone comes through the earpiece, but there is a dial tone if you use the handset.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I moved the headset assembly from another ESI-30D where it was working (when I installed it a few months ago; the user never used it).

We have deployed many of these CS540s and they usually work without issue.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. @htech5 

It seems like you have tried almost all the troubleshooting, and it looks like the dongle is faulty. I would request that you contact HP Support to get the headset replaced if it is under warranty, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Meghana

HP Recommended

Which part is the dongle? My mind goes to the black connector between the base and phone where the handset plugs in.

HP Recommended

Sorry, @htech5, for the miscommunication.

It seems like you have tried almost all the troubleshooting, and it looks like the headset is faulty. I would request that you contact HP Support to get the headset replaced if it is under warranty, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.