Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a lot of Poly CS 540 headsets.  I have one user who says he and the caller sound far away and it's difficult to hear from either side of the call.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello, @SneezyBreezy, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Poly CS540.

Could you please follow a few troubleshooting steps mentioned below and let us know if the issue persists?

1. If the audio level is too low in this position, adjust the headset volume control to increase the headset speaker volume.

2. If your speaking volume is too low for your listener in this position, adjust the position of the headset to make sure the microphone is as close as possible to your mouth.

3. Adjust the configuration switch. The most commonly used position is "A," which is the default position.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

In speaking with the user, he swapped the headpiece with another set and that fixed his issue.  Thanks for the tip.  I always forget to check those settings on the base.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the update.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.