Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

On start up comes up with 527-CPU Liquid Cooling Pump(2) not detected.

I have checked the connections, they seem good, so I assume my next option is to replace the Liquid Cooling Pump?

My question is which one of the two is actually Liquid Cooling Pump(2)?

The CPU's are identified as CPU0 and CPU1, so I assume CPU0 is (1) and CPU1 is (2)?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

on the z820 cpu 0 (primary cpu) is pump #1 and cpu  1 which is closest to the rear of the case) is pump #2

the pumps can fail, and if getting this message shutdown and do not use the system until cooler/pump is replaced

or remove second cpu/cooler note that sec cpu is required to activate white PCI-E slots on motherboard

as the z820 water cooling coolers are now hard to find and overpriced for used ones

it is possible to use the z840 3d vapor coolers on the z820 however this will require a small 4 pin 40mm fan attached to each pump header to supply a tach signal so the z820 bios thinks the pumps are still attached/working i recommend this fan be placed on the vapor cooler near the bottom plate or on the cooling fins 

the vapor coolers will handle the z820's 150 watt cpu's using the fan trick........do not attempt to use the z840's  method of connecting the vapor cooler on the z824, you must use the fan method

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.