Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z6 G4 Workstation
Linux

After consulting the HP Z6 G4 Quickspecs to check the supported graphics cards, I decided to install an AMD Radeon Pro W6600 graphics card in my HP Z6 G4 system. 

Installing the W6600 causes the BIOS/UEFI to throw a “CPU2 Fan Not Detected” error and revs the system fans to their maximum speed. I do not understand how a supposedly supported graphics card can interfere with system fans.

If I physically remove the second CPU riser card from the system, the video card and Z6 G4 work as expected. Taking the W6600 out also resolves this error; adding it back in causes it.

I am using the latest 2.92 BIOS for my system. I have tried removing all other PCIe cards from the machine, and have tried the W6600 in every slot, yet the issue persists.

If the AMD W6600 is not actually supported in the HP Z6 G4, it should be removed from the HP Z6 G4 Quickspecs to prevent other users from encountering this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Bump

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.