Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 8730w

if i install win11 on my HP EliteBook 8730w  are there drivers for it?,ie for the mainboard +graphics etc?.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I've put win11 on older system.  The windows 11 drivers generally work.  You laptops was rated for windows 7x64 which uses Microsoft's driver design specification and 7x64 is backwards compatible according to WiKi

I suspect any battery apps will not work nor any utilities such as a DVD player software.  You do not have a Realtek WiFi chip and Intel wifi usually has no problems.

You will need at least 4gb of ram.  I really recommend Ubuntu desktop

but I can provide help to install win11 if you want.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

cheers,i am waiting for a new 2tb drive to arrive,then will do a new win 11 install and test,if its no good then i can refit my existing drive. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.