Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15.6 inch Laptop PC 15-d5000 (4V9Y3AV)

I am really desperate to find a triple monitor docking station that is compatible with the 15.6 FHD and ZBook Firefly. Right now in order for me to use my three monitors with the two laptops I have to switch docking stations. My work laptop, which is the Z book firefly is only compatible with the G5 docking station that I have my 15.6 FHD is only compatible with my Targus docking station. Neither of the two allow me to do three monitors all at once, so I always have to plug in my HDMI directly into the laptop so that I could have three monitors. The other two monitors use DP. One laptop is for work the other laptop is for school and I just wanted to be a seamless process of me switching out my USB-C plug but it’s not and I need to find a docking station that will allow me to do this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kacey43 

1. The specs of your HP 15.6 is   https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_6297860-6297993-16

NO USB-C dock on market today support 3 external monitors for this machine,

2. What is your Zbook Firefly ? There are 10 or 11 generations around.

In short, the is NO such dock on market today for you to support 3 external monitors for BOTH machines.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Kacey43 

1. The specs of your HP 15.6 is   https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_6297860-6297993-16

NO USB-C dock on market today support 3 external monitors for this machine,

2. What is your Zbook Firefly ? There are 10 or 11 generations around.

In short, the is NO such dock on market today for you to support 3 external monitors for BOTH machines.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ok well what docking station will work with both for 2 monitors? Also, are there docking stations that does 3 monitors with USB-A? Isn’t the FHD compatible with USB-A? Then I can use a converter for the HP ZBook Firefly 14 inch G10 correct?

HP Recommended

@Kacey43 

Actually many older USB-A docks support 2 external monitors (FHD) for BOTH machines. For example

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05357751

I actually bought a cheaper version from Lenovo on eBay for A$70 to test. It worked perfectly on my Dell, Asus, Lenovo and HP machines.

Regards

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

How do I go about researching the other docking stations that are compatible? Because you only provided a link for one docking station and I may not want to purchase that one. 

HP Recommended

@Kacey43 

Normally HP won't allow us to post products from other vendors.  Lenovo has few models, you can search for USB 3.0 Lenovo docks with DisplayLink chip, then go from there

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.