Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Poly Voyager 4320
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
For "Teams NEW" the mute button does not work during the conference in the application. In "Teams classic", i.e. the previous version of Teams, there is no problem, after pressing the "mute" button on the headset, you hear "mute on" in the speaker and everything is fine. The problem appears only after starting "Teams NEW", i.e. after pressing the button there is only a short sound and nothing happens. The problem occurs on two different computers and two different Teams accounts, so it's clearly a problem with the headphones. Please help.

Regards
Peter

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Osin ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

You have posted in an incorrect section and a volunteer has moved your post. It has been moved to a section that is more suitable for you.

Unfortunately, your post does not contain the currently used firmware version you are using.

This is important especially in the future when someone finds this post in days, months, or years to come.

Please do not simply edit the original post but reply with the versions.

As this is only an issue with the new version of Microsoft Teams and nothing has changed on the Hardware being used, I suggest you contact our Partner Microsoft as they supply the Application you are having an issue with. They may also supply the OS as you have not shared details.

If the above fails, and as you cannot resolve and ussue via a public community post, please work with our support organization in your region. Details on how to contact us are in my signature

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

thank you for the quick reply.

I updated the headphones to the latest version, i.e. 0.0.2132.3254.
I use both Teams and Skype Business on my computer. I tried installing and uninstalling HUB and Poly Studio and it did not solve the problem.
It seems inappropriate to direct me to Microsoft support since the headphones are sold as compatible with Teams and even have the Teams logo printed on the casing.
Our company bought such headphones to work with Teams, and after the purchase it turns out that the key functionality does not work. You should contact Microsoft. I read that this does not apply only to this headphone model.
Please help me and do not refer me to other companies.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello @Osin 

first and foremost I am a volunteer that released your post from the Spam section and replying to you to ensure you provide sufficient details for other volunteers.

In addition, in my role as a volunteer, I am trying to ensure that your expectations in regards to getting some form of support are fulfilled.

Your original post explained that this used to work with the original version of Microsoft Teams. This is the version the Voyager was certified for and according to your original post worked.

The only change that happened was on the Teams client end, not on the hardware or software of the headset. 

I also provided you with details, if no other volunteer should reply, on how to reach the HP Poly support infrastructure.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello,

Sorry, this is my first post and I don't know the rules of this forum very well yet and I took you as someone from HP :-). Thank you for your willingness to help and I hope the problem will be solved.

HP Recommended

Have you tried installing the Poly Lens Desktop application? I use Blackwire 5220 and the mute button seems to work with new teams with that app installed.

HP Recommended

Hi - I have the same with user in my org the headset is Voyager FOCUS UC B825 USB-A, the question is this a isolated incident or all headsets having a issue with new teams?

HP Recommended

Hello, @Harvy2020, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with the Poly Voyager Focus UC.

Could you please follow a few troubleshooting steps mentioned below and let us know if the issue persists?

1. Could you please try it with a different mobile phone or a PC?
2. Could you please restore the headset settings to default on the Poly Lens application by connecting the headset to the PC? Once done, please switch off and switch on the headset again to save the changes made.
3. Could you please confirm if the provided USB dongle is connected to the PC?
4. Could you please set the headset as the default in the sound settings of the PC?
5. Could you please go to the Poly Lens application and clear all the trusted devices in the settings menu, then re-pair the headset once again and check if the issue still persists?
6. Could you switch back to the older team's version and let me know if the issue still persists?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.