Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP bluetooth headset 500, and it's been 3 months since i've used it, now, it's suddenly not connecting and i have reset the device, but it did not work.
when I go to HP support centre, it shows that my serial number is not valid, which means that I am locked out of the HP help service, which means that i can not get help.
this is a very urgent case, because this is my only headset and I really need it to function in a few days, or else it would affect me by a LOT.

the devices i have tried connecting to are - samsung galaxy f42, macbook air 2019, oneplus nord 2, a windows 11 pc.
none of them responded and connected.

thank you for helping me out, it is really important for me

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @Irfan_ali Welcome to the Poly HP Support Community. 

Could you please try the device with any other PC or mobile phone once again to check if the issue still persists?

Also, you can contact us via HP Support, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out if the issue still persists. Please select the device that you are facing issues with and select the country you live in, and you can contact us via chat or phone support. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

hey there, thanks for reaching out to me.
i tried it with older and newer devices too, but it still persists.
i even went ahead and did a factory reset on a POCO F1, and then tried to connect, but failed.

and yeah, the HP support does nothing.
i'm basically soft-locked that - 1. i need a serial no to proceed
2. I see the serial no
3. i type the serial no
4. serial number is incorrect.
5. i try the alternative to search via product no as well
6. it goes to another page, but on further asking-for-help, well, i'm back at 1. 

i tried it with other servers and possible combinations, but it did NOT work.
and well, when i try to select the device that i try to face issues on- 
on mac - nothing shows up
on android - my browser crashes
thank you meghana for reaching out to help me

HP Recommended

I am so sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. @Irfan_ali 

Could you please let me know the country you live in so that I can assist you further?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Hello @meghana_10, and i live in noida, india.
i called the hp support today and they weren't able to help, but i atleast got to enjoy the hold music, which is just PERFECT.
okay back to topic,
1. i am softlocked.
2. HP support doesn't help.
3. is there a way to hard reset EVERYTHING on the bluetooth headset?
4. is there a way to conventionally open the headset so that we can check if anything is damaged or burned?{by myself}
once again, thank you meghana

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the update. @Irfan_ali 

You can try the below troubleshooting steps and let me know if they resolve the issue.

1. Could you please try it with a different mobile phone or a PC?
2. Could you please connect the headset to the PC and check for any firmware updates and update them if there are any?
3. Could you please restore the headset settings to default on the Poly Lens application by connecting the headset to the PC? Once done please switch off and switch on the headset again to save the changes made. 
4. Could you please confirm if the provided USB dongle is connected to the PC?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.